- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Competitive – discuss with Principal
*Our opportunity for you
We have a job vacancy for a Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages. Do you want to work with inquisitive students and dedicated staff? Do you value being at the heart of a vibrant city? Does this sound like your perfect job?
Then Landau Forte College Derby is the place for you.
• Contract: Full time, Permanent
• Start date: 22 August 2022
• Salary: Competitive – discuss with Principal
• Closing Date: 24 January 2022
*What we can offer you
• A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Vitality Health
• Complimentary gym membership
The person we are looking for should:
• Be creative and hardworking.
• Have excellent personal organisational skills.
• Be adaptable with a good sense of humour and able to take the initiative.
• Be a very good team worker with the capacity to build relationships at all levels across the organisation.
• Be prepared to contribute to broad aspects of Modern Foreign Languages and related activities.
• Be proactive; a forward thinker with an effective grasp of developments within Modern Foreign Languages .
• Be able to work successfully as part of a highly effective and successful team.
Qualifications and experience:
• A graduate with qualified teacher status.
• An outstanding teacher in Modern Foreign Languages with a strong teaching record or newly/recently qualified (NQTs welcome).
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the appointment.
• Excellent in-depth knowledge of the place of Modern Foreign Languages in the development of young people and of the place of within the wider curriculum.
Introduction to the Department
There are currently 5 members of the Modern Foreign Languages Team. Modern Foreign Languages (French, German, Spanish) is extremely well taught across all Key Stages, including Sixth Form education, with students reaching high levels of achievement.
Duties of role will include:
• To be able to secure high standards of learning and achievement across the full ability range at both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
• To be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge
• To be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge and understanding of a range of teaching, learning and assessment strategies and know how to use them to provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential
• To have high expectations of young people
• To be prepared to contribute to broad aspects of Modern Foreign Languages within the school.
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team, to identify opportunities for sharing good practice
Plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning which:
• Meets the needs of all learners, taking into account the individual requirements of each student.
• Fulfils the demands of the relevant specifications and schemes of work.
• Makes a positive impact on student attainment and achievement.
Work with other staff in contributing to student learning including:
• Supporting students outside their timetabled learning sessions through support clinics and tutorials.
• Enhancing students’ experience of Modern Foreign Languages through involvement in enrichment and extension activities.
• Working with other staff to enhance the curriculum, innovate new ideas to improve student outcomes and provide wider enriching experiences for students.
Assessment and Reporting:
• Provide students with regular, incisive feedback in response to their written work.
• Ensure that marking, recording and reporting are in line with school policies.
• Ensure that appropriately challenging targets are set and used with all students, and that these targets are reviewed regularly with respect to attainment and achievement.
• Be able to accurately assess each learning groups’ levels of attainment against student targets and national benchmarks.
Fulfil wider professional responsibilities including:
• Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring they are treated with dignity and respect and that they receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
• Maintain a safe and well-ordered learning environment, safeguarding students’ health and safety, managing behaviour effectively and rewarding success appropriately.
• Actively seek opportunities for professional development to further enhance pedagogy and practice, and keep up to date with curriculum and qualification changes.
*About the Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Established in 1989, our roots as a charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
*The local area
Derby is a vibrant and exciting city, located right in the heart of the UK. The city has a developed arts and culture scene and the area has a great history. The school is located just a few minutes’ walk away from Derby city centre.
Derby provides great range of sports and leisure facilities and is the gateway to the Peak District. Within a 10 minutes’ drive of the city you will find yourself in the beautiful open Derbyshire countryside with unspoilt villages, historic houses and adventurous attractions.
• Derby is 10 minutes away from M1 junction 25
• London is 90 minutes away by train
• East Midlands Airport is 20 minutes away
*Apply for this job
1. Complete the application form online
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
This job post has expired.