Teacher of Modern Languages (Permanent-Part time considered)
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Term time
Full-time equivalent salary
- Salary negotiable within the range £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
The ideal candidate will:
- be a well-qualified MFL teacher with a record of planning and delivering lessons that are engaging challenging and enjoyable to pupils of all ability levels.
- have a PGCE qualification (or will have obtained one by September 2023) and QTS.
- be a proficient ICT user to enhance their teaching.
- have the ability to teach pupils throughout KS3 and KS4 and KS5.
- be able to inspire and make positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
- have an excellent understanding of the components that compromise outstanding teaching and learning.
- have evidence of supporting students to reach their full potential.
- be a resilient character with a strong personal drive.
- contribute to teamwork within the faculty and the school as a whole.
- have high expectations and commitment to the wider life of the school.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work in one of the highest performing schools in Cheshire East.
- a pleasant, working environment in well maintained and equipped classrooms on a mature campus in the heart of Alsager in rural Cheshire East.
- to work alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Head and Senior Leadership Team whose priority is to support and develop you.
- a dedicated, hardworking and supportive MFL team all passionate about their subject.
- friendly and highly motivated students who are keen to learn and take pride in their achievements.
- a comprehensive induction programme when joining the school as an ECT, including your own dedicated mentor.
- an outstanding professional development programme with the opportunity to share best practice within your own faculty and with staff from other specialisms.
- a laptop to use whilst in employment.
- a large, modern and comfortable communal staff room to relax in during your breaks.
- employee of the week scheme.
- part of the Cheshire Teaching School Hub.
- superb on-site catering at very competitive prices.
- complementary ‘breakfast sandwiches’ each month on pay day and biscuits every Friday!
- reduced staff rate membership of £13 per month for state of the art gym facilities, including a swimming pool for on-site Leisure Centre Fitness Suite.
- free on-site parking.
- good road/rail links with access to Manchester city centre and the airport in under an hour.
- children of staff who have worked at the school for two or more years are counted as part of our over subscription criteria.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 246 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Alsager School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1583 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Alsager School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01270 871100
Arranging a visit to Alsager School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Languages (French or Spanish)
Cheadle Hulme High School
Woods Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 7JY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Stoke On Trent and Cheshire