Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider part-time, job share
MPR / UPR
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Music and/or Drama who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive NQT support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher, with a strong commitment to Music and/or Drama both in and out of the classroom.
We can offer a minimum of 0.4 FTE (2 days a week) but this could be up to 0.8 FTE (4 days a week).
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
• Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
• Is passionate about Music and/or Drama and engaging students in the subject
• Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
• Will work collaboratively within the Music and Drama teams to contribute to the success of the departments
• Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
• Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
• Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
• High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
• A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
• Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
• A well-resourced curriculum area
• A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
• A full programme of trips and visits, giving the change to share in making positive memories with students
• Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
Music and Drama are thriving and well-respected departments within the school and local community. We are well resourced with a wide range of musical instruments and music technology; we have a large range of extra-curricular music clubs including two acapella groups, a Boys’ Choirs and Chamber Choir, Musical Theatre group, Jazz band, Wind ensemble and String orchestra; and offer a wide variety of instrumental lessons with peripatetic teachers delivering instrument tuition each week. The two departments put on a musical production each year with over 150 students taking part. GCSE Music and Drama results are consistently strong and we have a high number of students opting for the subjects.
In 2020, 81% of our students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Applying for the job
Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website www.rmays.org for an application form and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Robert May's School
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
Arranging a visit to Robert May's School
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or email email@example.com for further information.