- MPS including Outer London Allowance
Teacher of Music job summaryTeacher of Music
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Required for: September 2022
Salary: MPS including Outer London Allowance
Closing Date: Midday 14th July
Interview Date: tbc
We are seeking a talented qualified teacher of Music to join our high performing Music department. The department is lively and offers a varied timetable.
The candidate will be required to -
· Teach Music from Years 7 to 13 including GCSE and post-16 RSL course
· Take a leading role with the school Carol Service, Spring Showcase, Informal Concert and Founders Day Performances
· Run extra-curricular activities
· Continue to help develop and use the new Music facilities, Music studio and teaching spaces, including 17 Apple Mac computers which currently run Sibelius 7 and Logic 9.
· Liaise with all visiting peripatetic instrumental staff
· Provide musical accompaniment at assemblies and services
· Be part of a school with strong traditions and wide-ranging extra-curricular activities
· Develop professionally and personally in a secure, but lively atmosphere
· Contribute to our pastoral care and our Christian ethos
· Be able to inspire and motivate pupils and students
We are an 11-18 Church of England mixed comprehensive school. We have a distinctive character and purpose. Our school motto is ‘Academic excellence for each person in a Christian community’ and we aim to instill these values in everything that goes on at Tenison’s.
Total number of pupils 760 pupils (Sixth Form 135)
Results - Academic Results
Archbishop Tenison's is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Enhanced DBS check required.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Archbishop Tenison's CofE High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 749 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Archbishop Tenison’s is a 307 year old Church of England, mixed 11-18 comprehensive school with an excellent track record at both GCSE and A Level. Most importantly, it is a community where the people who work believe they can make a difference to the young people they teach. Our school motto is “Academic excellence for each person in a Christian community”.
The school is situated near East Croydon Station which has excellent fast rail links to London and the South Coast. There is staff parking on-site at the school.