This job expired on 27 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2022
27 June 2022 at 9am
15 June 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- £25,971 - £42,020
Teacher of Music & Drama job summary
Are you looking for a challenge; one which will excite you, develop your career and allow you to flourish?
Why not join the Fortis Family? We are looking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Music & Drama who can engage students and ignite their academic potential. The successful candidate will find our students enthusiastic, eager to learn and willing to co-operate. Most importantly, our students will enjoy working with you.
You will be joining a friendly, happy, vibrant 11-18 Academy which is highly successful, serving a multi-cultural and diverse community, where your innovation, creativity and passion will be valued and fostered.
Support from established and experienced colleagues is available and therefore the post is suitable for a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher wishing to gain further experience.
Fortis Academy was launched in September 2020 and encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with many staying on in our highly successful Sixth Form.
From September 2022, we are launching our Digital Transformation Strategy, where students will learn by iPad and staff will develop their skills of teaching and learning though Apple Technology as well as in the traditional way. This is an exciting opportunity for a progressive and ambitious teacher.
You should be:
· Passionate about your subject and have an appetite to inspire young people
· Driven to ensure excellent student progress for students of all abilities
· Hardworking, imaginative and have excellent organisational and time management skills
· A dedicated team player who wants to work and engage with colleagues at all levels.
Career opportunities within the Trust are significant. All leaders are supported to excel. There is a bespoke leadership pathway programme, which enables the next stage of professional growth within the group.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
• Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses includes all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
• High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
• Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
• Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
• Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
• Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
• Participating in peer reviews.
• Access to a suite of online courses.
• Placement projects within our family of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• Teachers Pension
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
We can offer you:
· Students eager for success and keen to co-operate
· Supportive parents and carers who value education and support teacher initiatives
· A bespoke programme of CPD and Trust-wide opportunities, for NQTs and experienced colleagues
· A firm commitment to your well-being and work/life balance
How to Apply:
Informal conversations for this post are warmly welcomed and potential candidates are invited to contact the Headteacher, Mr. Czepukojć, at school on 0121 366 6611.
Fortis Academy’s website (http://fortisacademy.org.uk) offers candidates a wealth of up-to-date information about the Academy; its ethos and aims, day to day life, and news items covering a wide range of events and activities.
Application forms and guidance notes can all be downloaded from our website https://fortisacademy.org.uk/teaching-jobs/. Please email your completed application form and covering letter to our Business Manager, Alex Darkes email@example.com
Fortis Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
The closing date is Monday 27 June at 9.00am
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Fortis Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1520 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Fortis is sponsored by Shaw Education Trust. We are based in north Birmingham and have a large, diverse and vibrant community of students. We have a well-established and very successful Sixth Form.
We pride ourselves on our strong ethos which values inclusion, good citizenship, mutual respect and collaboration. We aim to provide a wide range of stimulating opportunities to expand our students’ horizons within an environment in which they feel safe and well cared for and in which they can achieve their best, develop self-confidence and flourish as individuals. We encourage the active participation of parents/carers in their children’s education; only when the school, the child and parents/carers are working together will children excel.
Arranging a visit to Fortis Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Music
Cockshut Hill School
Cockshut Hill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B26 2HX
Teacher of Music
The Broadway, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 3DP
Teacher of Drama
Habberley Road, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 5PQ