- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
- Contract type
- Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,714 to £41,604
September 2021 saw further student growth for the Academy and, following a recent Ofsted inspection giving a rating of ‘Good’ in all areas, we expect further growth. As such, we have some exciting new vacancies available, including the need for a Music Teacher (QTS essential) with a passion for the subject.
We are looking for a vibrant, dynamic and talented musician able to inspire in our students a love of music, to join our highly successful performing arts team. A recent Ofsted report noted that “arts are particularly valued in the school and participation in theatre, dance and musical events is high”. You will need to have a strong knowledge and understanding of a wide range of musical genres, from the classics through to contemporary. Someone with music technical knowledge would have an advantage, as this is an area we would like to expand. The ability to teach across KS3 and KS4 is essential, KS5 preferred.
The Academy is purpose built with outstanding facilities, including dedicated music and recording studios and sound proof practice rooms. We are known for our superb performing arts offering. Our students benefit from an exciting extra-curricular programme, producing many collaborative shows and projects with the performing arts team, as well as an annual tour to different locations within Europe. We are therefore looking for a strong team player keen to make a contribution and able to run extra-curricular groups such as choir and orchestra.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an excellent performing arts team who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do and are very excited about the future outcomes of their students.
Quotes from full Ofsted inspection report October 2021: Rating of “Good” in all areas:
"The school is a calm and orderly place for pupils to learn….Pupils treat each other with respect … low-level disruption is rare."
"Pupils, parents and carers feel proud of their school…one parent told us ‘we are really impressed with the school, the ethos and the staff’.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2021 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
These were some of the areas staff considered to be ‘outstanding’:
Staff morale, workload and job satisfaction
Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
Opportunities for staff professional development
Support from managers and colleagues
Equality of opportunities for staff
Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
Induction of new staff
Students' respect for staff/others.
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy is a lively, fast-paced, passionate, demanding yet rewarding place to work. If you want to work with a team of people who love what they do and are prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve results, and you want to work near Brighton, with all its rich cultural opportunities, then this may be the place for you.
The successful candidate will:-
• demonstrate the skills of a good teacher
• be able to interest, encourage and engage students
• provide appropriate levels of challenge so that all students make good progress
• use methods and resources that enable all students to learn effectively
• use assessment information effectively to plan the next steps in students learning
• make effective use of their time
• secure high standards of behaviour from students
• be able to demonstrate a proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of aged 11-18 students (or of successful training for ECTs).
This is an exciting time to join the school and a fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the life experiences and achievements of our students.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to safeguarding and vetting checks, including the receipt of two satisfactory references. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal record self-declaration form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check, therefore individuals on the children’s barred list (and adults barred list where relevant) should not apply. There is a six month probation period for all post-holders.
The Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
SRWA teaching staff benefit from the following:-
• a collaborative approach and strong collegial relationships;
• the opportunity to join and/or benefit from Action Research Groups;
• proven student progress;
• excellent student behaviour;
• an extensive CPD programme tailored to skills and experience;
• strong links with Brighton and Sussex Universities;
• an established STEM group including work with RICARDO Engineering, a world leading company supporting Mathematics at SRWA;
• free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• cycle to work scheme.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.