Teacher of Music
This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
05/06/2023 or as soon as possible
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
What skills and experience we're looking for
In the role of Teacher of Music you will:
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal
- Promote the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning of Music, including preparation, evaluation, and action planning • model the vision and values of the academy
- Be part of the team driving the development of the academy to become and remain an ‘outstanding’ academy
- Receive and act on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems
- Contribute, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practice and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation
- take into account and constantly reviewing academy contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons
- Work in a cross-curricular way to support Music across the academy in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills deliver
- Recognise, promote and celebrate diversity
What the school offers its staff
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) (opt out available)
- Access to the Delta benefits website with discounts on retailers, holidays, days out, etc.
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme, car leasing and technology scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01274 776200 if you would like to arrange a visit.
For more information and to apply for this position please visit our website at Careers with Delta • Delta Academies Trust (deltatrust.org.uk)
Closing date: 19 March 2023
In accordance with DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the recruitment process.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. However, it is important to note that if we receive a high volume of applications, we may limit the numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
Connect with us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/delta-academies-trust/
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/deltatrustjobs
Further details about the role
Hanson serves the population of North Bradford incorporating the communities of Eccleshill, Idle, Wrose, Bolton Woods and Undercliffe, and provides access to all day learning opportunities for our families and our community.
Hanson is a larger than average 11 to 19 mixed comprehensive school with a good reputation in the City of Bradford. We have 1570 students on roll including 290 in the sixth form. We are committed to ensuring that talent is nurtured in a safe, orderly and stimulating learning environment. We believe that every child does matter and that by becoming fully involved in their learning, they will get the most out of their time with us and that their learning experiences will be both enjoyable and successful. We are immensely proud of the achievements of all our students and enjoy celebrating them as a school community.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hanson Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 1788 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01274 776200
Arranging a visit to Hanson Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Temple Moor High School
Field End Grove, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 0PT
Co-op Academy Priesthorpe
Priesthorpe Lane, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 5SG
Alder Grange School
Calder Road, Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 8HW
Colne Valley High School
Gillroyd Lane, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 5SP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bradford and West Yorkshire