Teacher of Music - Maternity Cover
We seek to appoint a qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Music as maternity cover within a very supportive, highly regarded and successful department.
This post would suit a music specialist, with good knowledge of music technology and who is passionate about teaching the subject at all levels.
You will be able to enthuse our well behaved and eager to learn students to study at all levels and the selected candidate will have knowledge and experience of teaching BTEC/RSL at level 2 and 3 as well as GCSE music.
You will have the benefit of your own classroom which is fitted with interactive multimedia equipment to aid teaching and learning and the provision of the latest ICT equipment.
If you feel that you have the ability and drive to enable our students to reach their full potential, joining our Academy also offers many personal benefits including:
• a subsidised pension scheme
• use of the Academy's sports facilities and gym
• a strong commitment to your continuing professional development and training opportunities
• close, convenient links to the M1 junction 28, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield
• close access to the peak district, national park and popular historical sites
• A supportive environment in which your talents will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other vetting procedures including the provision of two good references.
For application forms and further details please visit our website or contact Mrs Amanda Adamson (Headteacher’s Secretary) at email@example.com.
If you think you could be a potential candidate for the role and you would like to discuss the vacancy or if you would like to arrange a visit to Quarrydale Academy please contact the Head of Department Jennifer Sutton on 01623 554 178 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 September 2019
Interviews will be held on: 4 October 2019
Essential educational requirements
• Knowledge and experience of teaching BTEC/RSL at level 2 and 3 as well as GCSE music.
• Good Knowledge and understanding of Music Technology.
A degree in the relevant subject(s)
Recognised teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Good knowledge and understanding of professional duties and responsibilities
• Know the assessment requirements for the subject
• Know how to assess, monitor progress and provide accurate and constructive feedback
• Has a secure knowledge and understanding of their subject curriculum and related pedagogy
• Use literacy, numeracy and ICT skills to support their teaching and other wider professional activities
• Know and can follow safeguarding procedures
• Plan effectively across the age and ability range
• Plan, set and assess homework to sustain progress or extend and consolidate learning
• Teach challenging, well-organised lessons and sequences of lessons across the age and ability range
• Teach engaging and motivating lessons
• Able to accurately assess, monitor and provide feedback
• Establish a purposeful and safe learning environment, managing learners’ behaviour constructively and promoting self-control, independence and cooperation
About Quarrydale Academy
Quarrydale is a mixed 11-18 academy of around 1100 pupils, with approximately 130 sixth formers. We are situated in the town of Sutton-in-Ashfield, which is located between Sherwood Forest, the peak district and the City of Nottingham. Connections to major conurbations in the region are excellent, housing is affordable and access to leisure facilities, and areas of cultural, natural and industrial heritage is good. The academy itself is a popular and exciting place to work, with a friendly atmosphere and a real sense of team work. The students are well behaved and Ofsted graded us as ‘Good’ in March 2017. The education we offer at Quarrydale is built around a highly qualified team of staff committed to delivering a quality education to all our students in a calm, safe and secure environment where high quality learning can take place effectively. We work in partnership with parents to ensure that every child receives the best possible education and takes pride in being part of our successful and caring community. At Quarrydale we combine our traditional values with the very latest teaching methods and technologies to inspire our students to succeed in everything they do. We have very high expectations of our students and place great emphasis on self-discipline, self-respect, hard work, achievement and high standards of behaviour. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence, both in terms of the achievement of students and the quality of educational provision we deliver on a daily basis. We want to encourage all learners to develop a love of learning and enable everyone to reach the highest standards of which they are capable of.
- Stoneyford Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 2DU
- Quarrydale Academy website (opens in a new window)