Teacher of Music
Full Time | Permanent | Start date: As soon as possible | Salary: MPS/UPS
To further strengthen the study of Music we offer to students at Key Stage 3 and 4 we are looking to appoint an additional teaching colleague who has the ability and desire to help young people achieve.
You will play an active role in the department supporting the continued development of the quality of teaching at Orchard Mead Academy. In return we can offer strong leadership and investment in your professional development that will build on your potential. Our culture is based on shared values and collaboration with committed professional and well-qualified colleagues, strong support from senior leaders and a superb working environment.
If you are a Music specialist with the ability to inspire students, to work in an effective team and to strive for excellence in all that you do we are interested in hearing from you.
We aim to achieve a Music department where;
• Music is valued by students and families.
• Students are inspired to go on to study Music at A level.
• The professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Appropriate degree
• Qualified Teacher Status (essential)
• Appropriate degree (essential)
• A further qualification, degree, diploma, certificate in relevant subject (desirable)
Essential skills and experience
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Musicto Key Stage 3 and GCSE level.
• Ability to use ICT as a teaching medium to motivate young learners.
• Commitment to the promotion of teaching and learning Music.
• Commitment to international links.
• Willingness to promote links with other schools, including feeder schools and post 16 institutions.
• Up-to-date subject and assessment knowledge.
• Experience of health and safety issues in the workplace relating to equipment, materials and working practices.
We can offer you;
• A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders at senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Career development and recruitment incentives with access and support to follow middle leadership programmes e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders.
• Access to CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
• Focussed support on your wellbeing. TMET has partnered with Amica to offer free counselling and support to our staff.
About Orchard Mead Academy
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
- Keyham Lane West, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 1RT
- Orchard Mead Academy website (opens in a new window)