Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Music is a great strength of the school with consistently outstanding examination results including +0.5 at A Level in 2017. The school is also renowned for its exceptional extra-curricular programme, particularly in music, dance, drama, art and sport. NSB was awarded the overall title of national ‘Educational Establishment of the Year’ for 2017.
We welcome applications from those who:
• wish to teach in one of the most outstanding schools in the country for Music
• have the ability to teach Music from KS3 to A Level
• are strongly committed to extra-curricular Music
• are competent pianists with strong instrumental ability in other areas
• have some conducting experience with small or large ensembles
• are committed to high standards of academic achievement
• are newly qualified or experienced teachers
• excellent examination results at Music with outstanding Value Added at GCSE and A Level
• outstanding whole school examination results
• fully equipped Department for both traditional Music and Music Technology
• the Cripps Hall, a purpose-built Arts facility including a suite of practice rooms and a 400-seat theatre
• large numbers of A Level Music students
• a vast array of music ensembles to rehearse and conduct
• frequent concert opportunities and tours
• excellent student behaviour and motivation
• nationally acclaimed whole school extra-curricular programme and ethos
• number one ranked school in the country for competitive sport
• a school judged “Outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted
• national ‘Educational Establishment of the Year’– 2017
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 18
1627 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Northampton School for Boys
Northampton School for Boys is a state funded academy for boys aged 11-16, with a mixed Sixth Form. There are presently 1644 students on roll, of which 523 are in the Sixth Form (including 181 girls). The school has Teaching School status and was graded as Outstanding in all aspects of its latest Ofsted inspection.
The school's academic outcomes are exceptional with GCSE results consistently in the top two percentile of all schools in England for boys' GCSE progress and attainment and in the top ten percent of schools for A Level attainment. Last year eight students attained a place at Oxbridge.
The school also has an exceptional reputation for the breadth and depth of its extra-curricular programme and was recently ranked by a leading publication as the number one State School for Sport in Great Britain, based on competitive results.