- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Part time
0.6 of the full timetable
- Contract type
- Main / UPS
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Teacher of Music at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School , an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy.
We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational teacher who would be able to support and add expertise to our growing and increasingly successful team of teachers delivering Music to the students of Saint Paul’s.
The main duties of the role are:
• To contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and learning to ensure successful outcomes for all.
• To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of students
• Be responsible for the peripetitic music lessons
The successful candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
• Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students.
• Be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations.
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
• Be flexible, open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
• Act with the utmost integrity
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 842 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Saint Paul's Catholic High School
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
• Close links and group support from three other schools in this forward thinking Catholic multi-academy trust in this exciting time in our development
• An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to a library of on-line training courses and fully accredited qualifications and opportunities to access other relevant paid training.
• A range of employee benefits which support your well-being that includes:
o A confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is extended to members of your family
o A Health Cash Plan which is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits which include covering the costs towards optical, dental, alternative therapy treatments, health screening and discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts. Some benefits are also available to family members
o Flu vaccination clinics
o Eyecare Vouchers
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Arranging a visit to Saint Paul's Catholic High School
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 499 0000 or e-mail: email@example.com to make arrangements.