We are seeking an expert musician with an enthusiasm for the life-changing opportunities that music offers all learners. The successful candidate will deliver music in the classroom to KS3 pupils (years 7, 8 and 9), however, there may be the opportunity to teach peripatetically as well for the right candidate. Schemes of work and lesson plans will be provided. Your lessons will have an emphasis on practical delivery, with keyboard, classroom percussion and signing being part of the delivery.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Music teacher who truly is passionate about the subject;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Felixstowe School's ethos;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development;
- Basic piano skills would be an asset;
- Prior classroom experience is not strictly necessary, but some experience of group teaching or rehearsal leading needed in lieu.
It is important to belong at work and the work you do is relied upon by our pupils, so even small positive differences which are made, make people very happy. We want to ensure you have a good work life balance and one of the ways we achieve this is by having a two-week autumn half term break.
In return we will offer:
- Job satisfaction through making a positive impact on our student’s lives
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Supportive and positive management
- Investment in your training and development
- Bespoke teacher development programmes supported by our Teaching School Hub
- Excellent career development opportunities in our school and across the trust including secondments to other trust schools
- Evidence informed research opportunities via our Research School and programmes to reduce teacher workload including the development of the CUSP curriculum and other programmes the staff within our schools benefit from
- Wellbeing support service
- Trust wide professional development
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
This job post has expired.