Teacher of Music (TLR available for right candidate)
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
Easter/ September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time, Monday to Friday
- MPR/ UPR
TLR for Right Candidate
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Romsey School is seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Music from Easter or September 2023 to work in an ambitious and highly aspirational Music department where the School values the arts as a vital part of school life.
The school benefits from having well motivated students who want to learn and will embrace the opportunities given by an enthusiastic teacher. We are seeking to find the best person for the job.
At the heart of The Romsey School is our mission for a lived experience of ‘Compassionate Excellence’, meaning that we aspire, care and include in all that we do. This set of values extends to everyone within our community and this includes staff as well as our students.
For the right candidate, we will offer a TLR. The successful candidate will:
- Be creative, inspiring and passionate about teaching and learning;
- Be able to teach across the age and attainment range at both key stage 3 and 4;
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner, delivering lessons that engage, challenge, motivate and inspire our students to achieve
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Romsey School community;
- Be enthusiastic about their own professional development and growth in areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
What the school offers its staff
The Romsey School Supports New Teachers
We welcome applications from ECTs and from those with experience. We offer an excellent ECT programme and we ensure that all members of staff experience an interesting Professional Learning programme, which is grounded in research.
Learn Together at The Romsey School
We have regular professional learning opportunities which includes subject knowledge development. We are fully committed to your Growth and CPD development, offering access to The National College and working with our Research Lead Team.
Have Your Aspirational Career Goals Encouraged at The Romsey School
We actively encourage pursuing your professional development through the Department for Education (DfE) ‘National Professional Qualifications’ (NPQs) route. Alternatively, have you thought about becoming a Chartered Teacher through the Chartered College of Teaching? If so, The Romsey School can support you through this.
In return, The Romsey School will provide you with:
- The music department is part of a wider creative arts faculty which means that you will be very well supported and be part of a vibrant, aspirational and positive creative arts team
- Access to the staff benefits programme which includes the ‘cycle to work’ scheme
- Opportunities to be included within the school community by joining one of several groups of staff within the school that lead on significant initiatives such as:
- Staff Wellbeing
- Student leadership
- Extracurricular sports clubs
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- A variety of trips and educational visits, which includes international trips to places such as Kenya, Iceland, Spain, Paris and the Ski Trip in Austria.
- Access to and an Employee Discount to our on-site nursery, Little Sunlights
- On-site, free staff car parking.
Further details about the role
We would welcome visits to the school, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to arrange one.
For further details about the school visit our website. Please see the school website https://www.theromseyschool.org for an application form. Applications on Romsey School forms, individual CV’s not accepted.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to interview exceptional applicants before the closing date.
Closing date: Noon Monday 20th March 2023
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Romsey School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1172 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Romsey School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01794 512 334
"Your gateway to success". Our vision is to provide a world class education for our young people.
Arranging a visit to The Romsey School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Jacobs Gutter Lane, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 9FT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire