Teacher of PE 0.5-0.8FTE - Dawlish College
14 days remaining to apply
Start date details
12 June 2023 at 9am
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - 0.5 - 0.8 FTE
- MPS / UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
At Dawlish College, our mission is to eradicate educational disadvantage in Dawlish by making the best education available to every child in our community.
We will provide you with the right environment to build strong, trusting relationships with students and colleagues and the entitlement to become a better practitioner – every lesson, every day.
Does that sound like the job for you?!
Please get in touch for a conversation if you would like to discuss the published flexible range for this role of 0.5 – 0.8 FTE before making an application. We can be flexible for the right candidate.
Equally, we will consider applications from trainee teachers who are seeking employment as a year-1 ECT from September.
Ivy Education Trust is seeking to
appoint an enthusiastic individual with drive, passion and creativity to join
the Physical Education department at Dawlish College. Your challenge will be to
teach outstanding and interactive lessons across different topics within the
department, leading to high levels of student progress.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking practitioner?
- able to deliver targeted lessons up to and including GCSE?
- committed to raising standards?
- creative, enthusiastic and committed to active learning?
- demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be an excellent team player
- believe that all students are capable of success.
If you think you can make a difference to our students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of an excellent education, then we want to hear from you!
What the school offers its staff
Dawlish College is a vibrant and exciting place to be. As a relatively small school we have the luxury of knowing every young person as an individual whilst also being able to offer a wider variety of opportunities. Workingcollaboratively, having fun and enjoying what we do is at the heart of what it means to work with us and webelieve that this is why students thrive, our outcomes are strong and we are growing year on year.
Dawlish College is part of Ivy Education Trust. At Ivy Education Trust, we have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the center of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent, and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme. Ivy Education Trust is an inspiring place to work, with staff who are dedicated to increasing opportunities, improving outcomes and improving the life chances of all pupils and families that we serve and to nurture, develop and grow the talent of staff.
Further details about the role
* Applications from candidates currently under contract with a notice deadline for a September start of 31 May will be considered if received by 4.00pm on Thursday 25 May, and under those circumstances we reserve the right to withdraw the advert and interview potential candidates on Friday 26 May. *
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 96.4 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Dawlish College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 602 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Dawlish College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Dawlish College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay