Teacher of PE
3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 9am
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Part timejobs - 0.6 Fte
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 to £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic, broadminded teacher who is willing to learn and to share ideas.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and ambitious students who are keen to learn with proven high achievement and attainment
- A strong reputation locally and in the wider community
- A talented staff team that welcome new challenges and are committed to supporting colleagues and students
- A very wide range of exciting extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to work in genuine collaboration with EAST and our partner schools
- A supportive community, and Local Governing Body
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Access to the staff Wellbeing ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ and benefits of working for Farlingaye and within EAST
Further details about the role
We are looking to appoint a permanent part time 0.6 Fte member of staff, to teach primarily boys PE across KS3 and KS4.
We are a large faculty of friendly, enthusiastic and committed PE teachers who all share a very similar vision about the purpose and ethos of PE in a secondary school. We strive to have enjoyable and engaging lessons that encourage as many students as possible to continue with their learning and development outside of lesson time.
We offer a wide range of extra-curricular clubs that are open to all students and are extremely well attended; many students go on to represent our school in competitive fixtures. The person appointed would be keen to contribute to this extra-curricular provision and ideally would be able to complement and improve an already strong wider curriculum offer.
Farlingaye is a high-achieving comprehensive school with over 1900 students. It has a well-established reputation in the county of Suffolk and in the community, situated in the picturesque town of Woodbridge, approximately 10 miles north of Ipswich. We are proud to be part of an exciting and developing local Trust, EAST.
Potential candidates are encouraged to visit the school, and will be warmly welcomed. Requests for visits should be made prior to the closing date of Friday, 24th March 2023. Please contact our HR Manager, Linda Marsh.
Closing Date: 9 am on Friday, 24th March 2023
Interview Date:Wednesday, 29th March 2023
Should you wish to discuss the job role in further details, please contact Peter Smith, Deputy Headteacher or Kate Alexander - Head of Faculty.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Farlingaye High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1929 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Farlingaye High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01394 385720
Arranging a visit to Farlingaye High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Suffolk