Teacher of PE
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
17 April 2023 at 11:59pm
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS/UPS (Inner London) + £2,000 Harris Allowance
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Inspire, transform, teach! We are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring Teacher of PE.
At Harris Academy Peckham, you will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our vibrant students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice), ideally including experience in multi-ethnic urban schools and of working in an 11-18 school
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students, and of being a tutor
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff
- Have a good level of ICT skills, ideally including innovative use of interactive white boards
- Be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers and other external agencies where necessary
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies
What the school offers its staff
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Peckham, in one of our other 50 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
Why work at Harris Academy Peckham?
- A place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success.
- An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- The combination of the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Peckham
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 573 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Peckham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0207 703 4417
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen.
Similar jobs nearby
Lewes Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3TY
The Charter School North Dulwich
Red Post Hill, London, SE24 9JH
Claremont High School
Claremont Avenue, Harrow, HA3 0UH
Dartford Grammar School
West Hill, Dartford, Kent, DA1 2HW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London