- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
We are looking for a creative and talented teacher to join our motivated and expanding team. You will be fundamental in formulating our innovative and exciting secondary curriculum and contributing to this vibrant local community within the Local Authority’s first all-through school for children and young people aged 3 to 19 in South London.
- Full time
- School visits for prospective applicants are welcomed please call the School on 0208 764 1825 or email email@example.com
- Deadline is 9am on Monday 30th May 2021
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Why should you come and work with us?
• we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
• half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Kids’ City after school club provision (either at Woodmansterne or another school);
• we have amazing new buildings with two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites, specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces and a huge playing field;
• our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full learning potential;
• we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes and well-being activities;
• a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career growth;
• we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
• access to Cyclescheme;
• free refreshments in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
• delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
• the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration;
• we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 18
- Education phase
- Primary, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1270 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
About Woodmansterne School
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy.
Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other and a relentless focus on inspiring our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be. Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions .
Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children aged 3 to 14 have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together.
As we move to the next stage of our development we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision. Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, run a community fridge, host community events for local elderly residents and in the future will be sharing our wonderful new facilities with the local community.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training.
You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact Vicki Mitchell (Heads' PA) via The School Office to arrange a tour, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arranging a visit to Woodmansterne School
Please contact the school via email (email@example.com) or phone (02087641825) to arrange a school visit.