Teacher of PE and Cover Supervisor
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 May 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 0.4 PE Teacher 0.6 cover Supervisor
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 Year
- Teachers' Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a talented part time teacher of PE to cover maternity leave within the department who also has the opportunity to work as a cover supervisor to make the hours up to full time. The successful candidate would need to be able to teach PE across Key Stages 3 and 4 with a potential to teach Key Stage 5. The post is a fixed term contract from 1st May 2023 for 1 year. The post would suit an NQT or an experienced teacher. This role would entail 0.4 full time equivalent of the Teacher of PE role and 0.6 full time equivalent of the cover supervisor role. Depending on the teachers pay scale this wage may differ but based on Teachers pay scale M1 and the Grade E, New NJC Pay Scale, point 12 the full time wage would be approximately £25, 897.
successful candidate will be someone with enthusiasm, initiative and very good
subject knowledge. S/he will demonstrate
a clear commitment to promoting the highest possible standards of achievement
and developing excellent relationships with staff and students across the full
age and ability range at St. Mary's.
What the school offers its staff
St. Mary’s is a highly regarded, oversubscribed and successful school with:
- A caring ethos and high standards.
- An Outstanding Diocesan Inspection Report (March 2017)
- A full Ofsted Inspection of St Mary’s in May 2022 was extremely positive and confirmed that St Mary’s Catholic Academy continues to be good in all areas. You can read a copy of the report on the Academy's website.
- An outstanding induction programme, friendly staff, high quality professional cover supervisors, ICT technicians and admin support and a strong family ethos which make St. Mary’s a great place to work.
- State of the art facilities housed in our £22.5 million pound refurbished campus.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Mary's Catholic Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1212 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Mary's Catholic Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01253 396286
St Mary's is a highly regarded oversubscribed Catholic Academy in Blackpool in the Diocese of Lancaster. The school is very much a Catholic family where everyone works together to support and challenge one another to be the best they can be. Our Catholic Ethos, founded on the hallmarks of: Catholic Caring Community Challenge is key to our success. Students and staff are all encouraged, as our mission statement states, to grow in wisdom, understanding, self-esteem and closeness to God. Many of our staff and students are Catholic or Christian, we are joined by a number of staff and students who aren’t, anyone is welcome to come and be part of our family as long as they are willing to support and contribute to the ethos and success of the Academy.
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Catholic Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Salesian Academy of St John Bosco
Netherton Way, Bootle, Merseyside, L30 2NA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Blackpool and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool