Teacher of PE & Apprenticeship Co-ordinator
Post 16 Delivery to Scholars from a professional sporting organisation
• Plan and deliver NVQ and BTEC sessions to year 9 to 11 and scholar students in line with current specifications and exam board requirements
• Comply with the schools policies and procedures in relation to lesson delivery, QA assessment and reporting
• Assist in the delivery of theory sessions where required
• Manage relationships with employers and internal and external stakeholders
• Prepare all learner documentation to meet Ofsted requirements within specified time parameters
• Monitor learner progress to ensure targets are achieved
• Attend industry events to raise the profile of the Rainhill Sxith Apprenticeship programme
• Ensure that staff delivering the education element of apprenticeships are meeting the agreed teaching and learning standards
• Lead on the completion of employment provider recruitment
• Lead on the QA of employment placement providers
• Support the quality assurance of processes to attain compliance to regulatory specifications
• Share responsibility for the quality of the apprenticeship provision in terms of success, retention and progression and for the development and extension of apprenticeship programmes
• Report to Chief Operating Officer with updates regarding legislation and process changes around apprenticeships
Core Programme Coordinator Role for Premier League
• Supervise individuals and groups of Learners in their completion of the Level 3 NVQ in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance
• Co-ordinate the assessment planning, delivery and tracking for the NVQ
• Keep appropriate records of documentation as required by the Premier League
• Assess Football Apprentices against the NVQ standards
• Complete the necessary NVQ assessment documentation
• Ensure that all staff at the Club involved in the education assessment processes attend all PL training sessions; or other training requested by the PL, remain up to date with their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are suitably trained and comply with those assessment processes
• Regularly update Apprentice Individual Learning Plan for the NVQ programme as required by the Premier League
• Comply with the Internal Verification and any Standards Verification requirements in the management, delivery and assessment of the NVQ programme
• Develop and agree an action plan with the Education Support Manager and act within agreed timescales
• Complete all 12 week or monthly reviews within the dates set by the Premier League
Overall Role and Remit of all Rainhill Teachers
• To maximise the achievement of all children in your charge
• To be responsible for these children’s safety and welfare
• To assist in the development of the department and other teachers within the school.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree and/or PGCE
Qualified Teacher Status or QTLS
• Appropriate qualifications, experience and any other requirements needed to perform the role in relation to safeguarding/child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
• Qualified as, or willingness to undertake accreditation, Core Programme Coordinator for NVQ qualifications
Essential skills and experience
• High level communication (both orally and in writing) and presentation skills applicable to a range of audiences.
• Ability to think creatively and imaginatively to solve challenges.
• Ability to build good relationships with students and colleagues.
• Ability to work with initiative, as an individual and as a team member.
• Well-organised with the ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities.
• Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the professional sporting organisation we work in partnership with.
£10,000 allowance pa
About Rainhill High School
- Warrington Road, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 6NY
- Rainhill High School website (opens in a new window)