- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Physical education
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £26,356 to £43,271
You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student a great education and real choices in life, regardless of their background. A passionate practitioner, you will deliver high-quality, rigorous lessons that drive achievement and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
• Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential, and in doing so meet their progress and attainment targets
• Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
• Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff and families in order to promote progress and outcomes
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
• Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
• Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
• Work with colleagues, students and families to develop a strong school community
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 772 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Ark Charter Academy
Ark Charter Academy is at an exciting time in its journey, and with pupils at the heart of our passion and enthusiasm, we’re looking for hardworking individuals to join us on our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
Ark Charter is growing and there are some very exciting projects taking place such as our new building extension that completed in September 2020. The £4.1million project will transform Ark Charter Academy, Portsmouth, increasing the number of pupil places by 300 students, an eventual total increase in student capacity to 900.
As well as our pupils, facilities, and opportunities, we want our staff to grow too. We recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. That’s why we give our staff ample periods for planning, preparation and marking and ensure most meetings take place during our working day to protect our valuable free time, and receive regular rewards and recognition from the Principal for our effort and enthusiasm.
Arranging a visit to Ark Charter Academy
Please contact our HR Officer via e-mail on email@example.com to arrange a visit to our school.