Qualifications and experience
- DfE recognised teaching qualification such as a PGCE or equivalent
- Degree in a related subject
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching PE to post-16 students.
- A working knowledge of ICT in a classroom environment
- Knowledge of recent initiatives and issues in education
- Using ICT as a curriculum tool to improve standards
Knowledge and skills
- The ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- The ability to plan and teach well-structured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding
- The ability to meet targets for the students in your assigned classes
- The ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department to prepare, resource and teach your subject
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times
- The ability to adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Initiative and ability to prioritise own work and that of others to meet deadlines
- Efficient and meticulous in organisation
- Able to follow direction and work in collaboration with the leadership team
- Able to work flexibly, adopt a hands-on approach and respond to unplanned situations
- Ability to evaluate own development needs and those of others and to address them
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding
- Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety
- Commitment to the Trust’s ethos, aims and whole community.
About Spencer Academies Trust
The Spencer Academies Trust is a multi-academy trust with schools across the East Midlands, and with a strategic focus on Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
A high performing regional MAT with a national reputation for excellence, Spencer Academies Trust schools include primary, secondary and sixth form provision. Our academies work across highly diverse city and rural communities, including a strong presence in Derby and Nottingham. Standards and expectations in trust schools are high – and the trust focus on rapid improvement on the journey to outstanding education delivery.
We currently have 17 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed Full Time PE teacher, the applicant will have the opportunity to teach boys or girls PE. There is also the potential opportunity for the applicant to teach another subject if desired, part time hours will also be considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational PE teacher who has the ability to deliver practical lessons to a high level and truly inspire students to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities. The successful candidate will teach across the 11-18 age range. Applicants must demonstrate a clear passion for PE and have the drive and resilience to make a real difference to students’ lifestyle choices. Our curriculum from Year 7 to 11 ensures all our pupils progress whether in their skill acquisition, leadership or commitment to a lifelong participation in sport. You will be joining a forward looking and dynamic team which is warm and friendly, but which has high expectations of everyone.
The Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
This job post has expired.