ability to organise, plan and prepare schemes of work and structured lessons,
providing for individual differences.
empathy with young people and a willingness to work hard to motivate and
encourage them in developing a love of the subject.
ability to organise and teach lessons with flair and imagination.
ability to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and other staff to
produce written and verbal reports as required.
ability to incorporate a variety of teaching and learning styles into teaching
and to be keen to take advantage of Science
practical resources and I.T. facilities in the school.
enthusiasm to take part in whole school issues, policies and activities.
appropriate qualification and background in Physical Education / Science.
All applicants must possess QTS. ( QTS pending if currently on PGCE)
appropriate understanding of the standards required by the National Curriculum,
GCSE, and other KS4 courses, and the ability to assess pupils against
standards of expectation of all pupils.
should be able to demonstrate a good health and attendance record.
should have good personal organisational skills.
must be able to contribute to the development work of the department.
There must be a commitment to
implement school policy on matters relating to pupils, guidance, welfare,
school rules, etc.
work is done in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy of the school
and of the Manchester City Council.
Willingness to consent to and
apply for an enhanced disclosure: a willingness to abide by GDPR requirements.
Staff wellbeing is incredibly important to us at Burnage Academy for Boys. Staff here enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Wellbeing days (one per term for teachers) in order to support staff mental health and work life balance.
- Access to counselling, financial, legal and personal advice provided through either our free Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, including confidential 24-hour support.
- Supportive appraisal process, led by the appraisee and CPD-focused.
- A comprehensive in-school mentoring programme for PGCE, ITT and ECTs.
- Access to final salary pension scheme.
- All Staff Christmas Shopping Day.
- EV Car Leasing and Cycle to Work schemes, through a salary sacrifice programme.
- Access to BAFB Employee Benefits Platform, giving discount at a range of shops and supermarkets (both online and in-store).
- Discounted gym memberships.
"...members of staff who shared their opinions with inspectors indicated that their morale is high." (Ofsted, 2018)
What colleagues say
We care about our team and carry out regular staff surveys to collect feedback on wellbeing with an aim to continually improve our offer dependent on the needs of the workforce.
What does the school do well to help you manage the demands of your job role?
“Leadership and staff are very supportive of my personal needs.”
“Emotional support is great when you need it. Work life balance is also understood well.”
“I know I can always turn to either my line managers or senior leadership for support... I feel appreciated and it helps me keep a positive attitude.”
“The school provides a variety of resources and good facilities to help with the demands of the job.”
“Everybody is incredibly supportive, I never really feel like I'm on my own.”
“My line manager is very approachable and supportive.”
Burnage Academy for Boys is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The posts are subject to pre-employment and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
This job post has expired.