We are looking for an exceptional Teacher of PE to join the team here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy. Do you want to be part of our dedicated and enthusiastic team, committed to providing every young person at Parkwood with the very best start in life and education of the highest possible standard. At the heart of everything are our core values 'Believe, Achieve and Succeed'. The purpose of this role is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences for all students, ensuring progression is central to all lesson plans and giving our students the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
Reporting to the Head of Faculty, this post holder will be accountable for
Teaching and learning:
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- ·Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Apply a range of teaching strategies to deliver learning objectives and incorporate inclusive strategies that meet the needs of all learners
- To work collaboratively with other professionals and manage the work of support staff to enhance students’ learning
Assessment and Reporting
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
- Mark and monitor students’ class work and homework/independent learning within agreed deadlines to provide constructive feedback and opportunities for reflection to learners on their attainment, progress and areas for development.
- To be aware of Child Protection issues, knowing how to identify potential abuse/neglect and reporting concerns as they arise.
- To treat all students equally regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender but to be mindful of the different needs, values and beliefs of different groups.
- To use baseline data to track the overall attainment and achievement of students in your tutor group termly; identify underachievement and work with your Progress Leader to ensure intervention strategies are put into place.
- Consistently demonstrate the positive values, attitudes and behaviour expected of students. now how to identify and support learners affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstance.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Please note this is a part-time maternity cover working 18 hours per week.
Parkwood E-ACT Academy - Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom. We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.