Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
Fixed term (Up to 12 months initially)
MPR / UPR
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of PE who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
You will be joining a well-established and highly successful department in a growing school where we offer a wide range of sports as extracurricular activities and clubs. Our range of facilities is extensive, including two all-weather pitches, five netball/tennis hard courts, four court sports hall and recently refurbished gymnasium.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
● Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
● Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
● Will work collaboratively within the PE team to contribute to the success of the department
● Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
● Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
● Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continued professional development
● High priority given to staff and student wellbeing
● A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
● Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
● A well-resourced curriculum area
● A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
● A full programme of trips and visits, giving you the chance to share in making positive memories with students
● Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We pride ourselves on our ethos and culture which promotes positive relationship ki s and behaviour. In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2017), inspectors observed that ‘there is a positive ethos throughout the school, which is enhanced by strong relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils conduct themselves well, and are respectful and courteous to one another. Behaviour continues to be typically exemplary’.
PE is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. In 2020 91% of our 75 students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in PE, and 81% of students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Applying for the job
Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website www.rmays.org for an application form and submit your application to email@example.com
More on how to apply
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Robert May's School
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
Arranging a visit to Robert May's School
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.