- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Art and design
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPR/UPR (£25,714 - £41,604 per annum)
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Photography and Art with a passion for accelerating progress within our Photography and Art department. You will have the ability to teach Photography and Art across the full age and ability range and will be able to enthuse, engage and motivate our students to achieve their full potential. This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent Photography and Art teacher
• Be impassioned about the role of Photography and Art in Education.
• Be willing to support across the department and contribute to the development and growth of the subject area.
• Be a committed team player who is organised and practical.
• Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
• Be committed to Felixstowe School's ethos;
• Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
You will join a friendly and welcoming faculty which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about teaching. The team prides itself on working together and delivering the best opportunities possible for our students and is keen to appoint a colleague who shares a similar ethos.
Applications are warmly encouraged from both Early Career Teachers or more experienced colleagues, for which excellent facilities and support exists within our School.
Felixstowe School is set within a new site and boasts bright classrooms and excellent facilities. The Photography and Art department offers a kiln room and dark room facility as well as a range of printing equipment and other opportunities to develop a rich experience of Photography and for our students.
Amongst these opportunities are:
• Links with the University of Suffolk with whom a collaborative project will be a year on year enrichment.
• Links to virtual exhibitions provided by the University of Suffolk, This is in response to our GCSE and A Level themes.
• Student talks and workshops designed and delivered by University students (Art and Photography)
The above collaboration is a brilliant tool for strengthening our student and higher education connections.
• A Department Technician who is also a ceramist specialist and delivers workshops and small group work, plus is a great asset to support with lessons and prep etc.
• Sixth form study ‘booths’ in the Art department - creating an ‘Art School Feel’ and fostering a way of working that imitates that of a college space.
• A range of materials and processes available to explore and develop projects around. A very flexible approach to teaching and learning is embraced to allow teachers to play to their strengths.
• Exhibition rails to showcase student work around the school.
A whole department ethos to push our subjects forward and allow the excellent work of our students to be showcased across the school
• A whole department ethos to grow as a team and allow our teachers to excel, feel valued and to deliver the best learning experience of Photography and Art possible.
We are keen to grow an already hugely valued department and we are looking for a teacher who can offer drive and energy along with excellent teaching skills, to complete our team and support us in growing our subjects even further.
For more information about the school, visit the School website www.fxa.org.uk
For more information on our Trust, Unity Schools Partnership, visit the Trust website www.unitysp.co.uk
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on 01394 288228.
Closing Date: 09:00am, Tuesday 19th October 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 20th October 2021
To apply, please visit https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/151226TVS
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/151226INT
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised date.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.