- Main Pay Spine
Teacher of Physical Education (Girls) job summary
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to the post of Teacher of Physical Education (Girls).
The successful candidate will join a high achieving and ambitious team in our very popular and over-subscribed school. The post would suit an inspirational and innovative teacher, ideally with a proven track record or future potential to deliver high quality outcomes for all at both Key Stage 3 & 4, including GCSE and BTEC Sport qualifications. The ability to teach Dance at both Key Stage 3 & 4 would also be desirable. A passionate commitment to our extensive extra-curricular enrichment programme is essential.
The PE Department is a creative and successful team, who are often at the forefront of developments in education, sport and recreation. Stockport School is proud to offer an extensive array of sporting opportunities to all students with PE taught as a core component within our curriculum.
This role will provide the post holder with the opportunity to join a large, vibrant, well established, and very successful PE department, and to gain excellent professional development as they progress in their career.
We are seeking a well-qualified colleague who has:
- A dynamic, innovative and creative approach with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The learner at the centre of their vision.
- Excellent classroom and indoor & outdoor practical teaching and learning skills.
- Dedication to the value and importance of PE and sport as a subject area, providing opportunity for all
- The ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower young people to achieve excellence.
- An absolute commitment to achieving the very highest of standards.
- An ambitious and dedicated professional approach with potential leadership attributes.
- A passionate commitment to our extensive extra-curricular enrichment programme.
Applicants are required to be well-organised, inspirational teachers, who are passionate about their subject. You will be able to work independently and in liaison with other colleagues in order to create a high level of challenge for a range of learners in every lesson and support the on-going development of this high-achieving department.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday, 17th June 2022 although we reserve the right to close the application process early if sufficient quality applications are received.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.