Teacher of Physical Education job summary
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Physical Education on a 1 FTE basis to join our team at Graham School.
‘Come and Grow your career at Graham School’
The main focus of the Subject Teacher's role is fostering the learning and progress of the pupils in their care. This involves being an effective teacher of pupils as well as of the subject. Quality of preparation, resourcing, planning, subject expertise, teaching skill, pace, challenge, proactive classroom management, effective marking and assessment, high expectations, and positive personal relationships are all central to providing the conditions within which pupils' personal skills, abilities, understanding, learning and progress can be developed.
• Want to transform children’s lives and develop a love of the subject.
• Have a relevant teaching qualification.
• Be able to understand and apply a range of teaching strategies.
• Be able to positively target and support individual learning needs.
• Undertake professional duties as delegated by the Headteacher.
• Implement the aims and objectives of the school/trust understanding and working within school/ trust policies to achieve these aims and objectives.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join a staff team, which is fully behind our journey, and who have real HEART.
• Trust specific career development programmes.
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network – e.g. 3D coaching focusing on your ongoing teaching and learning.
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust.
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
Please complete the online application form to apply for this role using the link below. All candidates are advised to refer to the Job Description and Person Specification before making an application. You should use the information supplied with in the Job Description & Person Specification to make the best of your application by identifying some specific pieces of work you may have undertaken in any of these areas. Your application may be viewed in regard to some or all of the skill specific areas over the course of the selection process. Applications via agencies will not be considered.
Hope Sentamu Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a safer recruitment process which includes enhanced criminal records and barring checks, scrutiny of employment history, robust referencing and other vetting checks.
Our safeguarding system is underpinned by a range of policies and procedures which encourage and promote safe working practice across the Trust. On joining you will be required to undergo continuous professional development to maintain safe working practice and to safeguard our children and young people.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application form to apply for this role using the link below. All candidates are advised to refer to the Job Description and Person Specification before making an application. You should use the information supplied with in the Job Description & Person Specification to make the best of your application by identifying some specific pieces of work you may have undertaken in any of these areas. Your application may be viewed in regard to some or all of the skill specific areas over the course of the selection process. Applications via agencies will not be considered.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
About Graham School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 968 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
We have a highly ambitious, aspirational group of professionals who are raising standards and significantly improving the life chances of the young people of Scarborough and the Yorkshire Coast.
Our motto is ‘Grow, Learn and Achieve together’ and our aim is that all our students thrive and make good academic progress whilst developing into resilient, confident and respectful young people
In March 2019 we joined the Trust along with our coastal secondary partner, George Pindar School. The Trust is a growing, successful Church of England multi-academy trust which was established to serve both church and community schools. We are committed to servant leadership in each of our schools and we are dedicated to the journey of growing together as a family of schools. We want all of our children to have a rich educational experience which will develop them as young people and allow them to flourish.
Graham School is a community in which our teaching and support staff are incredibly passionate about teamwork.
Staff morale is high and we have a commitment to recognise individual potential and to provide support, CPD and training for colleagues joining our organisation at all levels; you will never feel unsupported or alone in our Trust.
We all ‘Grow at Graham’ and all colleagues at all levels are working together to raise aspirations and support our students to make the progress they deserve. The school has a shared sense of purpose and a vision for success which inspires me on a daily basis. If you are appointed, you will join a truly committed body of professionals who really care about our young people.