Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main Pay Scale
Reigate School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated teacher of Physical Education to join our outstanding, oversubscribed school in Reigate, Surrey in September 2021.
Applying for the job
A copy of the application form can be downloaded from the Reigate School website, alternatively please contact Fiona Dyer if you would like to discuss the role further. More on how to apply
1262 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Reigate School
Reigate School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated male teacher of Physical Education to join our outstanding, oversubscribed school in Reigate, Surrey in September 2021. There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for this post, and the vacancy is exempt from Part 1, Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, as the post holder will be required to supervise male students in changing rooms.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers and experienced teachers who have a passion for education, and from applicants with the drive and commitment to deliver outstanding learning. In addition, applicants should:
• Be a qualified PE teacher;
• Have the drive and commitment to establish and coach sporting teams to a high level;
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum; and
• Have excellent classroom management skills with high expectations for achievements and behaviour.
Reigate School has an outstanding team of teachers working together to ensure all students have the opportunity to excel in all areas of the curriculum. They are supported by a Trust, Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team who all value the contribution made by every member of staff. There is an excellent support structure in place to support teachers, including:
• Providing 16% non-contact time;
• Employing cover supervisors to minimise cover duties;
• Regularly reviewing the impact marking has on workload;
• Providing support services such as independent counselling and physiotherapy; and
• Investing in our staff through outstanding CPD training and NQT provision.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd April at 9am, however please be advised applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint someone sooner than this if we identify a suitable candidate. Applicants are warmly invited to contact Mr Matthew Alexander, Reigate Schools Head of School, to discuss the role in more depth.
Please be advised an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Reigate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.