Teacher of Physics
Teacher of Physics
Required January or September 2020
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become part of one of Britain’s top state schools and experience teaching in our expanding Grammar School. Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED in October 2014, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher who has the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able students. You will be passionate about learning and able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A level, GCSE and KS3. We encourage applications from NQT’s/RQT’s or experienced teachers to join a department which:
• Delivers outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2019 are 64% A* - B (A level) and 75% 9 - 7 (GCSE)
• Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
• Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
• The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you. For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
Informal visits and enquiries are welcome by contacting Michele Wallis, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th November at 10.00 am.
Interviews will take place: Friday 15th November 2019
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, prohibition order, verification of qualification checks and satisfactory references are requirements for this post.
Essential educational requirements
Degree and PGCE
Essential skills and experience
A commitment to continuing professional development
Proven track record of excellence in the classroom or on a Teacher Training Programme.
Excellent subject knowledge.
To understand and develop sound practical competence in the use of data to raise achievement.
To be aware of any national curriculum requirements
To understand baseline data
To demonstrate awareness of the challenges and demands of teaching very able students.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team working skills.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
Effective organisational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to listen, reflect and have the capacity to be flexible.
Effective management of student behaviour
About Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
- Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 2NH
- Bishop Vesey's Grammar School website (opens in a new window)