- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Physics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £25,714 to £41,604 per annum
Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of Physics to join our innovative Science team. The role would be suitable for a newly qualified or an experienced teacher. The successful candidate should be well qualified and will be expected to teach Physics to GCSE and A Level.
We are a well-equipped, purpose built Catholic Secondary School situated in a pleasant suburban area to the North-East of Nottingham. We strive to ensure that each young person is safe, happy, and successful and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience. Does this sound like somewhere you would like to work?
The successful candidate would also be expected to contribute to and work within the Catholic ethos of our school.
The successful candidate will:
• possess QTS
• be able to inspire and enthuse students
• be committed to achieving excellent results
• be able to teach Physics up to and including A level.
We can offer:
• wonderful students who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
• a team of talented and highly committed teachers
• a supportive working environment with excellent facilities
• professional assistance through our Employee Assistance Programme
• our commitment to nationally agreed terms and conditions.
• a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff through our position as a lead school in the Trust’s Teaching School Alliance
The Trust and Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Details of this post and an application form are available on our website www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies.
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 17 January 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 816 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Christ The King Voluntary Academy
Christ the King is a welcoming and successful 11-18 academy providing a Catholic education in Arnold, Nottingham. We strive to ensure that each young person is safe, happy and successful and we pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience for all students which is underpinned by our mission which is
‘To provide the best education and care we can for all members of our Living Faith Community’.
We promote the highest possible standards in pastoral care, self-belief, behaviour and uniform. There are clear guidelines for what is expected of each individual and how everyone can make a positive contribution to both our school community and to the wider community. We are extremely proud of the outcomes from our visit from Ofsted and I would encourage you to read the specific details which celebrate many aspects of the School’s provision offered to our young people.
Arranging a visit to Christ The King Voluntary Academy
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact 0115 955 6262. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.