Teacher of Physics
The successful candidate will be required to be able to teach Physics from KS3 to KS5 along with Chemistry and Biology at KS3. The ability to teach Chemistry or Biology to KS4 would be an advantage.
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in relevant discipline.
QTS or equivalent (applicant may be working towards this).
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching, learning and assessment Physics at Advanced Level.
A resilient disposition to cope with the demands of A-Level teaching and managing coursework deadlines.
At Notre Dame the ongoing professional development of all staff is a key priority. Our view is that we can always improve, not because we are not good enough but because we can be even better at what we do and that this in turn will ensure the very best outcomes for our students. We also aim to help staff to be ready for their ‘next step’ in their careers whatever that might be.
In order to achieve these aims we;
• have an ethos of ‘learning together’ through joint practice development which is conducted in a supportive and developmental way. Staff are encouraged to take risks and use research and evidence based approaches to improve their classroom practice.
• Encourage staff to be reflective and take the lead in their own professional development so that their individual needs are met
• Assign Learning improvement coaches to all departments to provide bespoke training and development
• Have a three year NQT and RQT programme to fully support those new to the profession. This involves meeting together in groups to share and develop best practice and working with a coach on an individual basis
• Provide trainee mentoring programmes for those moving in to new positions for example middle and senior leadership
About Notre Dame High School
- Fulwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 3BT
- Notre Dame High School website (opens in a new window)