Teacher of Politics and History
Preston Manor School, Wembley, Middlesex
|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale|
Teacher of Politics and History
Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale
Required for September 2020
One Year Fixed Term Contract
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents.
We are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 – 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with students.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every student that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment. At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the successes of our student population.
Preston Manor is a high achieving and successful school and is looking for an excellent teacher to join this committed department and to continue to build on its existing strengths and successes.
The successful candidate would be expected to be able to teach Politics at KS5, where we have a large uptake of Politics students each year. They will also be expected to teach some KS3 and KS4 History. Both subjects are valued and popular at Preston Manor.
● have a passion for teaching and learning
● be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
● be an excellent practitioner
● lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
● have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
● have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student progress through own practice
● be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
● have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
● be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
● opportunity to work across the education phases
● motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
● a friendly and supportive team of teachers
● well-resourced facilities
● a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
● a commitment to professional development, including an excellent CPD programme including NQT induction and Teach First training
The school welcomes applications from NQTs. As an NQT at Preston Manor, in addition to receiving weekly mentoring from a subject mentor, a member of the senior leadership team will also support your development and wellbeing. You will attend our bespoke professional studies programme to develop your pedagogy and ensure you make rapid progress towards meeting all of the teaching standards. We are also lucky to have three leading practitioners working at the school, who also support with the development of our NQTs.
The school is situated within walking distance of the world famous, Wembley Stadium, which offers easy access to newly created facilities including the London Designer Outlet.
The school benefits from excellent transport links via public transport and is located a short walk from both Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations. Central London locations are accessible within 20 minutes from the school.
The school is also easily accessible from main roads including the M25, M1, M40, A40 and A406.
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out their role on the school site.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.’
‘Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.’
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
For further information and an application pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download from website www.preston-manor.com
Closing Date: noon Monday 15th June 2020
Interview Date: w/c 15th June 2020
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who complete in full the application form. CV’s will not be accepted in substitution for a completed Application Form but may be included with the Application Form.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- Teacher of Politics and History - advert May 20.pdf  0.40 MB
- Teacher of Politics and History - JD May 20.pdf  0.25 MB
- Teacher of Politics and History - PS May 20.pdf  0.53 MB
- Letter from Head.pdf  0.20 MB
- Guidance-Notes-for-Applicants-Preston Manor.pdf  0.42 MB
- Application Form.docx  0.07 MB
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||1952 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Preston Manor School website (opens in a new window)|
About Preston Manor School
An All-through Co-operative School
Carlton Avenue East, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 8NA