Teacher of Psychology and Sociology
Under the general supervision of the Head of Subject to:
▪ teach to the full range of ability at Key Stage 5.
▪ include some teaching of, if appropriate, BTEC Applied Law and Level 3 Applied Criminology.
▪ promote the department ethos.
▪ promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons across the subject.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Relevant teaching experience at MPS/UPS level.
About Norton Hill Academy
Norton Hill is a co-educational, non-selective 11-18 school. Our students come from Midsomer Norton and the surrounding villages of North East Somerset. Norton Hill School prides itself on providing a secure, stable and well-ordered environment based on traditional values and genuine care and concern for individuals. We have just over 1700 students at the school of whom 400 are in the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form. In September 2016 we increased our Year 7 entry to eleven tutor groups, in response to a growing demand for places at Norton Hill. Students at Norton Hill belong to one of five houses: Blackdown, Cotswold, Exmoor, Mendip and Quantock. The House system ensures that every student is known individually, whilst enjoying the opportunities that a large school can offer.
- Charlton Road, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 4AD
- Norton Hill Academy website (opens in a new window)