Teacher of Psychology
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, passionate and inspirational teacher of Psychology that has excellent subject knowledge and is able to contribute to continued improvements in progress and student attainment.
The successful candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm and passion for Psychology and generate and sustain a high degree of motivation in all pupils, delivering excellent A level teaching. We teach the AQA specification.
Prior experience of teaching Psychology is a requirement for the post and preferably potential candidates will be familiar with the new AQA Psychology syllabus and the examination requirements.
Essential educational requirements
• A degree in Psychology;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• An ability to work in a collaborative partnership with the people associated with the school; staff, parents, governors, Diocese and LA.
• High standards, accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to meet all deadlines.
• The ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise their own workload, remaining professional at all times.
• Excellent written and oral communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to work within and support teams.
• Strong people skills, including a personal warmth and good humour
• The ability to provide effectively for individual learning needs.
• Ability to use ICT as a learning and admin tool.
• Dynamic, effective teaching strategies that engage all learners
Please see job pack for full job description and person specification.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)