Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3
We are seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious Teacher of Psychology (NQT or experienced) to join our supportive team. A level Psychology is popular option choice for our students in Years 12 and 13.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for our young people and for themselves
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches
You will be required to:
• Inspire and support our students
• Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
• Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
• Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
• Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy the subject
• This role will be based at Falmouth School but you may be required to work at any other
premises occupied by the Trust or any of the employer’s academies within mid-Cornwall as
directed by the employer.
All Falmouth School staff recently contributed to defining their staff cultures. We all subscribe to these cultures and we expect that any new member of staff would do too. The Falmouth School staff cultures are;
• I am considerate of others and support students and staff as best I can;
• I enjoy working at Falmouth and want to contribute towards its growth;
• I show empathy and consider the impact of my actions on everyone in our community;
• I am a team player and value the positive contribution made by every member of Team
• I am kind, open and considerate and value this from others;
• I am resilient and open to new ways of working to solve problems;
• I value everyone's contribution and believe that when we work together we will do our
• I set myself high standards and enjoy celebrating when others succeed;
• I act with integrity and honesty and aim to be a role model to students and staff;
• I promote a learning environment where everyone feels happy, safe and secure;
• I reflect on my practice and know it’s OK to ask for guidance;
• I love what I do and I am passionate about enriching the lives of young people.
If our ethos and cultures appeal to you and you can inspire our students and fellow colleagues, we look forward to receiving your application for this post. Our Ofsted inspection in 2019 does not reflect our current school or our rapid improvement journey. Our school has an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential. We believe we can offer you a unique opportunity to be a key member of staff in a forward-looking, ever-improving school with a happy and supportive working environment.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
946 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Falmouth School
Students are able to fulfil their potential through the Falmouth Learning Journey; being ready to learn, using a great teaching model, building their learning every day and experiencing a culture where everyone does their best.
How do we do this? Our curriculum is rich and diverse; providing experiences and possibilities for all. This richness runs from Year 7 to Year 13.
Our curriculum is carefully and judiciously planned to ensure that knowledge, skills and understanding are delivered to students in such way as prior learning is a building block for future learning. In this way students encounter education as an incremental process whereby previous learnt skills are continually reinforced so that learning can be ‘mastered,’ while at the same time new content is presented is a sequential way: for example, in a subject like English, students may explore the theme of ‘love and relationships’ through a range of increasingly sophisticated and challenging texts as they progress through the curriculum. Moreover, the theme of love and relationships itself is explored in more complex ways demanding an increasing level of maturity and understanding from the student.
We have four Learning Cycles which make each year’s learning programme from Year 7 to Year 11 – these allow for learning across the year to be divided into four periods of deep learning. Each period consists of 7 weeks of teaching that are sequenced carefully through Yellow Sheets. Building on learning and allowing for maximum progression. Throughout KS3, KS4 and KS5 topics are revisited, built upon and mastered. These 7 weeks are followed by review and mastery week where the focus turns to consolidation and evaluation of the material that has been taught. All students are provided with a Knowledge Organiser each cycle for every subject which are used in lessons.
There are three key areas of learning – all lessons at Falmouth are taught using; Blooms Taxonomy, Co-Operative Learning and Metacognition. All of which encourage students to become independent, resilient learners who are able to both work and lead teams effectively.
Students are supported from Year 7-11 in making the right choices for their move into our post-16 provision; Falmouth College.
We offer a broad range of subjects both academic and vocational and an extensive enrichment programme so students continue their journey smoothly into Year 12. Students leave our post-16 College to attend a variety of universities including those of the Russell group, and also our vocational pathways lead students into apprenticeships and employment.
We have productive partnerships with Falmouth and Exeter universities and local businesses. Students can use state of the art facilities and have access to experts in a range of disciplines. We are blessed with a fabulous school site in extensive grounds in beautiful part of Cornwall. Falmouth is regularly identified in the media as one of the best places to live in the UK. We take pride in our site and work hard to develop and maintain the school facilities for the benefit of the whole community. Our most recent venture has been the development of an all-weather pitch and Sports Hub. This impressive development provides a focus for sport for everyone in the area.