Teacher of Psychology (Full or part-time)
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are an outstanding mixed grammar school with a strong commitment to excellence. We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our Psychology department.
We can offer you:
• a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
• opportunities for A level teaching
• a strong commitment to your own professional development. This includes the opportunity to complete NPQML and NPQSL courses via our own Sir Henry Floyd cluster, which is accredited by the Institute of Education. We are members of the national Challenge Partners programme which offers bespoke CPD opportunities. We also contribute to the agenda setting of our local Aylesbury Hub so that CPD is designed to meet local needs and those of our staff. We are keen to support staff interested in working towards SLE accreditation also and have done so successfully, this year.
• A school committed to staff well being, with a strategy focusing on three strands of: well-being, workload and recruitment and retention. All staff have Perkbox (https://www.perkbox.com/uk) and can opt into the cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme. All staff have access to our on site conditioning suite. We have a vibrant staff community and run activities such as: weekly staff fitness clubs, staff choirs, baking activities, shared lunches and annual staff socials.
We would like you:
• to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
• to have high expectations of yourself, your staff and our students
• to be/become an effective leader with a passion for improving the delivery of your subject’s curriculum
• to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
• be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum
We have no age or experience profile in mind.
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School operates rigorous ‘safer recruitment’ practices,
and the successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate subject area
DfE recognised teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
Excellent subject knowledge.
Evidence of continuing professional development.
Knowledge and ability in the use of ICT in teaching to enhance learning of students.
Up-to-date with current developments in teaching.
• Access to new strength and conditioning suite
• Staff fitness classes
• Dining facilities at our newly refurbished, contemporary on site restaurant
• Free membership of the Perkbox reward scheme
• Cluster for delivery of NPQML and NPQSL qualifications
• Members of a Teaching and Learning hub through Challenge Partners
• Free on site parking
• Discount airport parking
|School size||1293 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School website (opens in a new window)|
Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8PE