Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time
MPR/UPR (fringe), £26,948 - £42,780
Are you an inspiring Psychology Teacher looking for a position in an Ofsted ranking ‘Outstanding’ school?
Glyn School is looking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Teacher of Psychology to join our hugely popular and successful Social Sciences faculty.
Glyn School is seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Teacher of Psychology to join our hugely popular and vibrant Social Sciences faculty. At Glyn School, Psychology is offered across Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. Psychology is extremely popular at both GCSE and A-Level and interest in the subject continues to grow. With a thriving cohort in Psychology, you will join a faculty whose success rests on outstanding and innovative teaching. You will have the opportunity to teach Psychology at GCSE and A-Level.
As a Psychology teacher at Glyn School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising of 40 schools, we are able to support you with career pathways for progression.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
NQT candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Glyn School:
Why should you teach at Glyn School?
Glyn School is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ since 2009. Ours is a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with a flourishing and successful mixed Sixth Form. Founded in 1927, we have a rich history of academic, sporting and artistic excellence and in 2014 we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practice nationally.
Glyn School has a reputation for challenging and stretching students with engaging and enriching teaching across all key stages. Our values sit at the heart of all we do and underpins our aspiration that every student leaves us equipped with the resilience and drive that will enable them to forge rewarding futures for themselves.
Learning and Teaching is at the heart of Glyn School. We aim to deliver lessons that inspire and engage students who will then go on to fulfil and exceed their potential. Teachers who have a passion for their subject and build strong relationships with their students cultivate a ‘love of learning’ that ultimately sees the young people we teach make exceptional progress. We firmly believe that high quality professional development is an important part of excellent teaching and we enthusiastically pursue ongoing teacher development: CPD, no matter where a teacher is in their career, is part of the fabric and culture of the school. To learn more about how Learning and Teaching underpin our school, please visit Glyn TV - Learning and Teaching section of our website: https://sites.google.com/glynschool.org/glyntv/welcome
What other team members say about their careers at Glyn:
“Glyn is a highly enjoyable environment to work in with incredibly supportive colleagues - It was this supportive ethos within the school as well as the extremely positive rapport between staff and students that drew me in to apply here. Over four years later I retain those sentiments”.
“Glyn is a great place for career development - there are lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and to undertake professional development”.
What we are looking for:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Have excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Have a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extracurricular clubs.
Why work at Glyn School (please do review our Glyn Staff Welfare document that is included in this advert):
• An environment where the focus is on high quality teaching.
• An environment where senior and middle leaders offer exceptional support for and emphasize staff well-being.
• A culture of coaching with regular career development meetings offered with the Headteacher.
• Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
• An opportunity to work collaboratively with leaders across the wider GLF MAT.
• Start date: September 2021
• Contract type: Permanent
• Working pattern: Full time / Part time
• Pay Scale: MPR / UPR (fringe)
• Pay Range (working full-time): £26,948 - £42,780
• Closing date for advert: Monday, 10 May 2021
Applying for the job
Please click on the link below to apply:
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.