Teacher of Psychology & Health and Social Care
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time position
- MPS or UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a teacher of Health and Social Care to continue our excellent work in this area.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
- work well as part of a team
- embrace the co-curricula and extra curricula aspects of the academy
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- have a ‘can-do’ attitude; be highly organised and
- have the ability to work under pressure.
What the school offers its staff
We are introducing A Level Psychology from September 2023 with a large cohort of students wishing to pursue this subject.
All staff have access to ongoing CPD, wellbeing support and other benefits associated with being linked to our Sponsor David Nieper. We offer a very strong and comprehensive NQT induction programme, followed by continuing support and development.
To provide highly effective teaching of A Level Psychology and Health and Social Care at Level 2 and 3 in both Key Stage 4 and the Sixth Form, contributing to the ongoing development of the Faculty and Sixth Form.
Due to the growth of our Sixth form we are introducing A level psychology from September 2023. We are looking for a well-qualified, skilled and enthusiastic teacher of Psychology to introduce and teach this subject to a very keen cohort of students.
Health and Social Care is taught across Key stage 4 and Key stage 5. We offer at Sixth Form a very successful National Level 3 Extended Certificate and at Key Stage 4 BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award. A key aspect of our Level 3 provision is that all students take part in a one day a fortnight work placement/ employer engagement, allowing them to put into practice the work they have covered in lesson.
Further details about the role
- To introduce and teach A Level Psychology and Health and Social Care across key stage 4 & 5 and to contribute to other subject areas if required
- To be a form tutor
- To contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
- Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
- Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
- Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
- Contribute to Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
- Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
- Set and mark appropriate homework
- Complete all reporting on time
- Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
- Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with direction from the Head of Faculty
- Work to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About David Nieper Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 679 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- David Nieper Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed academy in Alfreton. A new school building opened in early 2017 therefore this is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key component in the future development.
Arranging a visit to David Nieper Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Health and Social Care
The de Ferrers Academy
St Mary's Drive, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derbyshire and Derby