Teacher of Psychology/Sociology/Health & Social Care
Headteacher: Katie Boyes
13-18 Upper School
1550 on roll; 350 post-16
Teacher of Psychology or Sociology or Health and Social Care
Full time to start November 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious professional to join our over-subscribed Dorset school, which has a focus on high achievement and an excellent local reputation.
Our thriving Humanities department is currently able to offer a teaching vacancy. The department is very well resourced and there will be the opportunity to teach Psychology or Sociology or Health and Social Care to A Level, depending on the experience of the candidate.
The post would equally suit a Newly Qualified or experienced teacher.
We can offer you:
• High quality students who enjoy Psychology, Sociology and Health and Social Care
• The opportunity to join a dedicated team of supportive and friendly teachers
• High Sixth Form take up
• A positive, supportive community of staff, Governors and parents
• An exciting school with state-of-the-art facilities
• Support from the PiXL organisation and its wide network of schools
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th October 2019 at 9am
Queen Elizabeth’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to have a DBS check, in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
Essential educational requirements
Subject Specific Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures
About Queen Elizabeth's School
- Blandford Road, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 4DT
- Queen Elizabeth's School website (opens in a new window)