Teacher of Psychology
This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Psychology to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
• The Psychology department is very successful and popular. The team are keen to develop further the academic successes gained by pupils right across the ability range
• A supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• A number of students go on to study Psychology at degree level at Russell group universities
Essential educational requirements
degree (not necessarily in Psychology)
Essential skills and experience
suitable for NQT
- NQT salary backdated to 1st August
- Excellent NQT programme, commended in Investors in People Report, "a great place to work".
- Regular professional development opportunities are offered.
- Nursery on site with reduced rates for staff
About The Ashcombe School
The Ashcombe School is a mixed comprehensive school for pupils of all abilities between the ages of 11 and 18 based in Dorking in Surrey. It has been highly sought-after for many years, with very high levels of interest again for September 2020. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In its January 2019 visit, Ofsted commented that “Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
- Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1LY
- The Ashcombe School website (opens in a new window)