Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
• The following duties shall be deemed to be included in the professional duties which a teacher may be required to perform:
• First class A level teaching in a manner appropriate to students' ages and abilities.
• Promoting and teaching A Level through well-planned and well delivered teaching that is consistently good or outstanding over time.
• Teaching that is adaptive and flexible to the needs of individual students
• Monitoring the work and progress of pupils, including those with specific learning needs.
• Providing consistent feedback to students that is both relevant and appropriate and provide students with individually tailored goals to ensure their continual development
• Preparing students for their end of year examinations through rigorous and continual examination practice
• Assessing students’ work in line with the criteria provided by the examination board (AQA)
• Assessing and recording students' progress in accordance with departmental and School policies.
• Attending and contributing to departmental meetings·
• Maintaining professional skills through INSET and our Continuing Professional Development programme.
• Being proactive in exploring innovative ways of delivering Psychology through the curriculum.
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
• Any other tasks or responsibilities that may reasonably be assigned by the Head of Sixth Form.
Applying for the job
For more information about The Nottingham Emmanuel School and the vacancy, please visit www.emmanuel.nottingham.sch.uk/vacancies. To apply for the role click apply which will take you to the application form for the post. We would encourage you to refer to the job description and person specification, demonstrating your suitability for the role.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
1087 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About The Nottingham Emmanuel School
The Nottingham Emmanuel School
The Nottingham Emmanuel School is a Church of England secondary and Sixth Form, with 1,100 students, including over 140 in the Sixth Form. The £25 million site is located near the banks of the River Trent in West Bridgford. The School is a diverse community, serving families and students from every academic, social, faith and ethnic background. Emmanuel has been praised nationally for its outstanding work as an effective, inclusive Church school.
Arranging a visit to The Nottingham Emmanuel School
If you have any queries, wish to discuss the role informally or undertake a visit to Nottingham Emmanuel School, please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 977 5380.