Teacher of RE
This job expired on 6 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible or September 2023
6 March 2023 at 9am
30 January 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main Scale
Possibility of a TLR for the right candidate
What skills and experience we're looking for
Religious Education is central to school life at BTG and we seek to appoint a full-time, enthusiastic, well-qualified Teacher to teach across all key stages in the subject. He/she will work to contribute to and promote the distinctive Catholic nature and ethos of our school, and bring enthusiasm and commitment to our outstanding RE Department.
What the school offers its staff
- Our school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
- Religious Education at BTG provides a dynamic curriculum with excellent learning opportunities that contribute to the holistic development of all our students for the contemporary world.
- The RE Department is made up of seven subject specialists and achieves outstanding results at both Key Stages 4 and 5. Results in 2022 at A level were 50% A-A* and 100% A-C grades. At GCSE 87% of students achieved grades 9-4.
- The members of the RE department aim to support the mission of Catholic education so that students can leave us as well informed young people, with a sense of responsibility, service and social awareness and can relate what is taught to their lives in the multi-faith and multi-cultural society in which we live.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing, personal development and CPD.
- Our school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
- Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
- Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1200 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8769 3294
Catholic Secondary School
Arranging a visit to Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of RE, Humanities and Citizenship
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Mill Hill County High School
Worcester Crescent, London, NW7 4LL
Teacher of R.E. and Philosophy
Mollison Drive, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 9JW
Teacher of Religious Education
Bishop Challoner Girls' School
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London