- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main Pay Range 1 £32,407 to Upper Pay Scale 3 £48,055 (full-time equivalent)
What skills and experience we're looking for
To be a well-qualified teacher of RE up to A Level with excellent
- To have a sound knowledge of current issues in RE, including the use of ICT in effective teaching
- To be willing to experiment with and apply
new approaches to teaching and learning
- To help create an environment that values
feedback from all in order to improve student learning and motivation
- To be interested in children as individuals,
in how they learn and in a collaborative approach to learning
- To be aware of appropriate strategies for
mixed-attainment teaching and adapt to the varying demands of each classroom
- To be able to build good-humoured working
relationships with many colleagues
- To believe in the importance of teamwork,
both at departmental and whole school levels
- To be committed to the comprehensive ideal
and to the principles of mixed-attainment teaching
- To be committed to Equality, Diversity and
Inclusion and the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- To be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
- To be aware of, and committed to, health and
safety at work
What the school offers its staff
- State of the art building with
well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers
and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- ECF programme with dedicated mentor for 1st
and 2nd Year ECTs
- You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy
work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site
massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free
Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Free annual flu jab
- Free use of the on-site gym
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our CP Policy is available on the school’s website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Whitmore High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1684 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Whitmore High School is a mixed comprehensive school with an excellent record of achievement.
Students are expected to achieve the highest standards of work and behaviour in a positive, friendly but disciplined atmosphere. Our staff are highly qualified and passionate about ensuring all students reach their full potential and we work closely with parents to achieve this aim.
At Whitmore High School we aim to provide the best possible education for all our students by:
* Promoting a broad and balanced curriculum in which students take an active part in their own learning.
* Recognising the needs of individuals, placing suitable high demands on them and stimulating them to achieve success.
* Encouraging students to aim for the highest standards of work and behaviour at all times.
* Creating an ordered and friendly community where relationships are positive and founded on courtesy, respect and shared values.
* Acknowledging the importance of links between home, school and the wider community.
* Maintaining a spirit of constructive self-criticism, regularly considering improvements to existing practice.
Arranging a visit to Whitmore High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of RE
Harris Academy Greenwich
Middle Park Avenue, London, SE9 5EQ
Find more school jobs in Harrow