Details for applicants
Would you like to visit us?
Informal visits are welcomed. We are not as far away as you think and driving through the countryside each morning is a very pleasant way to start you day! You’ll find us just 20-25 minutes from Peterborough and Huntingdon, and commutable from Cambridge too. Why not come and visit us so we can show you more of our school?
What do I do if I want to know more before applying?
You are very welcome to come and visit our wonderful school, please just let us know and we will arrange a tour of the department and wider school. More information is available on our website. However, if you have any further questions, please contact Gabrielle Harris-Clements GHarrisemail@example.com
Job Description:Teacher of RE with PSHE
Start Date:January 2024
New Scale Point: MPS/UPS
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons.
- Teaching; according to the educational needs of each student.
- Setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in school and elsewhere.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and classes.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future career plan, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions; making relevant records and reports.
- Make records of and report on the personal and social need of students.
- Communicate and consult with parents.
- Lead a form group.
- Communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside school.
- Participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
- Offer an extracurricular activity.
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessment, reports and references relating to individual students and groups.
- Participate in appraisal of your performance and that of other teachers.
- Periodically review your methods of teaching and programmes of work.
- Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development including those aimed at meeting the need identified in performance objectives or in performance statements.
- Participate in an induction programme arranged for your supervision and training.
- Advise and co-operate with the Headteacher and other teachers on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintain good order and discipline among students and safeguard their health and safety both when authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- Participate in meetings at the school which relate to the curriculum of the school or the administration or organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for external examinations, in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations and recording and reporting such assessments, and participating in arrangements for students’ presentation for and supervision during such examinations within the guidelines agreed.
- Participate in appropriate administrative and organisational tasks relating to such duties as are described above, including the direction or supervision of persons providing support for the teachers in the school.
- Attend assemblies, registering the attendance of students and supervising students, whether these duties are to be performed before, during or after school sessions.
- Other Specific Duties as directed by the Headteacher or appropriate Line Manager.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to learning using appropriate strategies and resources, where necessary.
- Liaise with pastoral staff members to ensure the wellbeing of pupils and their full participation in school life.
- Raise any concerns regarding pupils’ behaviour with the relevant Raising Standards Lead.
- Implement any specific arrangements for individual pupils, ensuring that relevant staff members are aware of the measures in place.
- Provide individual pastoral support to pupils, where necessary.
- Continuously motivate and challenge pupils, whilst promoting and reinforcing self-esteem.
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individual children and young people whatever their life circumstances.
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment.
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Headteacher or line manager in consultation with the post-holder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.