North Oxfordshire Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, Teacher of RE from January 2024. There is the potential to cover as acting Head of RE for the right candidate.
The candidate will work closely with Humanities team to deliver a curriculum built on ‘bringing out the best in everyone’.
In particular, candidates should:
- Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner
- Ability to teach across Humanities subjects
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum
- Have an ability to engage and motivate pupils
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
"The school’s culture is highly inclusive. All pupils are considered part of the ‘NOA family’. Staff care that all pupils are happy and successful in all aspects of school life." Ofsted - November 2022.
If this is you, come and join our NOA Family. The staff at North Oxfordshire Academy are a passionate team of professionals. We are an inclusive, friendly, and diverse community with an ethos of high aspirations, high expectations and high achievement. We are proud to be part of United Learning, a group of secondary, primary, and independent schools, whose motto is: ‘The best in everyone’ - a philosophy to which we wholeheartedly subscribe.
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- Excellent ongoing CPD and career development opportunities the academy and United Learning.
"Staff are happy and loyal to the school. They feel well supported by leaders, including with their workload". Ofsted - November 2022.
We would warmly welcome applications from ECT's and experienced teachers. Both full time and part time candidates will be considered.
We would encourage candidates to arrange a visit to the school so we can answer any of your questions.
Please note we can only accept CVs as supporting documentation when submitted along with a fully completed application form.
North Oxfordshire Academy ensures a whole school approach to safeguarding. This means ensuring safeguarding and child protection are at the forefront and underpins all relevant aspects of process and policy development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.