- Fixed term (Temporary for one year, Full Time 32.5 hours per week, whole year)
- M1 – U3 £25,917 - £42,020 FTE salary per annum
Teacher of Reading job summary
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated classroom practitioner to join the English Faculty at this exciting time of growth. The role would suit an experienced teacher or an ECT. It will also suit someone with experience from the primary sector.
The individual would provide an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the continued development of reading in English and across the school. Reading is at the heart of everything we do and our teachers are second to
none in their pursuit of excellence with our reading curriculum. We expect to appoint someone who has the ability to raise student achievement for all and the desire to continually update and challenge their teaching and learning skills.
Uniting with The Shaw Education Trust brings with it new opportunities and a wealth of resources to supplement our mission to improve outcomes for all our students. Colleagues will have access to a large range of well-established training opportunities, such as a fully funded L5 Instructional Coaching qualification or Accelerated Leadership training,
for those aspiring to Middle Leadership. Outstanding teachers will also achieve Trust Professional Advocate designation, which provides exciting opportunities to support colleagues within both The Westleigh School and across other SET schools to share best practice. With this brings the opportunity to engage in the cross-trust peer review and Trust CPD
The successful candidates will:
• Willingness to be flexible and support the school when needed
• Bring rigour and an eye for detail and experience to our ambitious school
• Be professional and approachable
In return we can offer:
• A forward thinking and innovative Senior Leadership Team
• An open and transparent workplace that has an honest and respectful culture
• Friendly and enthusiastic children
• Caring, friendly colleagues with a strong team spirit and a positive attitude
• Supportive parents and Academy Councillors
The Westleigh School enjoys a successful partnership with the Shaw Education Trust, which is a growing multi academy trust led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience. Working with the Shaw Education Trust also allows colleagues to access a large range of well-established training opportunities and work alongside like-minded professionals across a range of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays) – Support Staff Only
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust
At The Westleigh School, each pupil can feel that they belong to a caring and supportive environment. The school/academy is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students and expects all staff to share this
commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Applying for the job
Further details and application forms are available from the school website www.thewestleighschool.co.uk / www.shaw-education.org.uk/careers or by contacting the school.
Download an application form - 88.8 KB
Completed applications are returnable to Mr Carlton Bramwell (Headteacher), The Westleigh School, Westleigh Lane, Leigh WN7 5NL via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Westleigh School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 893 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
The Westleigh School is a secondary school providing education to pupils aged 11 to 16, as well as providing an adult education centre to members of the local community.
The school motto of “Aspiring and Achieving Together” accurately captures the shared vision which ensures that leaders at all levels are developing their ability to communicate high expectations.
At The Westleigh School, an unrelenting focus is placed on the quality of teaching above all else so that the pupils are able to grow in a continuously developing learning environment.