Teacher of Religious Education
Cardinal Allen Catholic High School, Fleetwood, Fleetwood, Lancashire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated subject area(s) as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
The Teachers’ Standards document gives a full description of teacher competencies at different levels. This will be referred to when making judgements on the quality of teaching and performance generally under Appraisal regulations.
• To undertake a pro rata appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a standard scale teacher.
• To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in school and elsewhere.
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
• To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy and school subject specialism(s) are reflected in the teaching/learning experience of students
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching.
• To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
• To prepare and update subject materials.
• To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
• To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and school procedures.
• To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
• To make appropriate provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs based on the I.E.P.’s produced in conjunction with the Learning Support Department.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Recognised and relevant degree
Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies or a willingness to undertake
Evidence of appropriate personal and professional development
Essential skills and experience
A practising Catholic
If a trainee or recently qualified teacher - successful placements
If a serving teacher - successful preparation of candidates for public examination
Involvement in the development of the Religious Education curriculum
Teacher Main Pay Scale plus TLR if applicableMore on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||800 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Cardinal Allen Catholic High School, Fleetwood website (opens in a new window)|
About Cardinal Allen Catholic High School, Fleetwood
Melbourne Avenue, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 8AY