- Fixed term (Fixed Term until 31st August 2022)
Teacher of Religious Education job summary
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Religious on a 1 FTE basis to join our team at George Pindar School.
The main focus of the Subject Teacher's role is fostering the learning and progress of the pupils in their care. This involves being an effective teacher of pupils as well as of the subject. Quality of preparation, resourcing, planning, subject expertise, teaching skill, pace, challenge, proactive classroom management, effective marking and assessment, high expectations, and positive personal relationships are all central to providing the conditions within which pupils' personal skills, abilities, understanding, learning and progress can be developed.
• Want to transform children’s lives and develop a love of the subject.
• Have a relevant teaching qualification.
• Be able to understand and apply a range of teaching strategies.
• Be able to positively target and support individual learning needs.
• Undertake professional duties as delegated by the Headteacher.
• Implement the aims and objectives of the school/trust understanding and working within school/ trust policies to achieve these aims and objectives.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• Trust specific career development programmes.
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network – e.g. 3D coaching focusing on your ongoing teaching and learning.
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust.
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
Please complete the online application form to apply for this role using the link below. All candidates are advised to refer to the Job Description and Person Specification before making an application. You should use the information supplied with in the Job Description & Person Specification to make the best of your application by identifying some specific pieces of work you may have undertaken in any of these areas. Your application may be viewed in regard to some or all of the skill specific areas over the course of the selection process. Applications via agencies will not be considered.
Hope Sentamu Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a safer recruitment process which includes enhanced criminal records and barring checks, scrutiny of employment history, robust referencing and other vetting checks.
Our safeguarding system is underpinned by a range of policies and procedures which encourage and promote safe working practice across the Trust. On joining you will be required to undergo continuous professional development to maintain safe working practice and to safeguard our children and young people.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application form to apply for this role using the link below. All candidates are advised to refer to the Job Description and Person Specification before making an application. You should use the information supplied with in the Job Description & Person Specification to make the best of your application by identifying some specific pieces of work you may have undertaken in any of these areas. Your application may be viewed in regard to some or all of the skill specific areas over the course of the selection process. Applications via agencies will not be considered.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
About George Pindar School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 661 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
We have a highly ambitious, aspirational group of professionals who are raising standards and significantly improving the life chances of the young people of Scarborough and the Yorkshire Coast.
On the 1 March 2019 we officially joined the Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner Graham School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which sees us working collaboratively sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
We are proud to be an inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at George Pindar irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as Team George Pindar.