Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher of RE who has vision and is either currently looking for leadership and responsibility or someone who wishes to shortly aspire to curriculum responsibilities; to maintain the exceptional standards of student outcomes in the department and to continue to develop and enhance the curriculum offered to our students. The successful candidate will be expected to be involved in RE teaching at all levels in the school.
Applicants for the post should, ideally
• be able to teach pupils throughout the age and ability range up to and including A Level.
• have good organisational skills.
• be committed to stretching pupils to the full extent of their ability by means of a variety of teaching and learning styles.
• be committed to the development of appropriate teaching resources and strategies, including the use of drama, media, and Information Technology.
Successful applicants for this post with additional KS3 responsibility will have the following specific responsibilities in role:
• To review and amend assessments for the Key Stage 3 units.
• To set up a moderation structure for assessments and to quality assure the process.
• To develop supplementary resources for supporting delivery of the curriculum at Key Stage 3 - particularly for home learning.
• To monitor and develop the existing Key Stage 3 Curriculum, in line with the Northamptonshire Agreed Syllabus on Religious Education.
• To develop online intervention resources.
• To manage intervention sessions at Key Stage 3.
• To develop wider reading online tasks.
• To help develop new ways of communicating with the local faith communities in Northamptonshire.
Additional responsibility for KS3 RE leadership also available for a suitably experienced candidate
(TLR 2c - £2,873)
At Northampton School for Boys, we offer a number of additional benefits for our employees. Please see a list of these below:
Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme:
Salary sacrifice car scheme FAQ
Salary sacrifice car scheme general information
Salary Sacrifice Cycle to Work scheme
Free access to counselling
Free access to a qualified physiotherapist
Access to workplace fitness suite/gym facilities/swimming pool including staff only sessions (Covid permitting)
Mental health support
Admissions priority for the children of employees
Dedicated Surface Pro Device (for teaching staff only - returnable on resignation)
Free tea and coffee in the staffroom
Additional daily lunch allowance for staff running an extra-curricular club or undertaking a paid lunch duty
Applying for the job
All applications must be made on the NSB Teacher application form, available to download in supporting documents or on our school website.
More on how to apply