Teacher of Religious Studies
This job expired on 6 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 or earlier
6 June 2023 at 9am
18 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 40 hours a week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,704 - £45,437 (Ark main payscale or upper payscale)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Be an excellent classroom teacher with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice
- Have effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
What the school offers its staff
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning, soup for lunch and lunch for those on duty. We have parking available, a gym on site and a well-equipped staff room including a pool table.
- Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context. For instance, at present we do not use traditional book marking across the school.
- On Fridays, children finish at 2pm, giving time and space for professional development amongst staff.
- Staff voice is important to us; we like to listen to our staff. We are always seeking feedback and input from our staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Ark Boulton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 908 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark Boulton Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
By joining Ark Boulton Academy means, you become part of a network of education experts who are all united by the same purpose - a commitment to making a difference where it matters most. Each day is unique for our team, as they collectively support the activities within and outside the school. Our consortium of creative and resourceful team members ensure we go above and beyond in order to constantly improve our service to the community we serve. Our strapline ‘growing together, reaching higher 'applies as much to our staff as our students. We recognise that the health and wellbeing of our staff will affect that of our students. For this reason, we have invested in developing our wellbeing room and other initiatives to care for our whole school community. Our staff are a valuable and integral part of our community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are role-models and ambassadors for Boulton on a professional and public level. They reflect the virtues we promote which include courage, self-discipline, commitment, and honesty. By becoming a member of our school family, you will embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of. Through Ark, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the most talented individuals in the country.
Arranging a visit to Ark Boulton Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Kings Avenue, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS12 1DH
Teacher of Religious Education (with some Humanities teaching)
The Broadway, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 3DP
Teacher of History or Religious Education
Myton Road, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34 6PJ
Religious Education Teacher (RE) - maternity cover
Blessed Edward Oldcorne Catholic College
Timberdine Avenue, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 2XD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands